Sunday, April 5, 2009

Busy Weekend

Saturday was nice and sunny so we went to our friends C&J and got a bunch of woood that they had there...we'll use it in our wood heater. After we loaded the truck we sat on their patio in the sunshine and had a cup of tea/coffee with them and had a wonderful visit. Next stop was our daughter's. The grandaughters were trying on clothes and re-arranging their closets. The youngest grandson was out with some friends. When the oldest grandson found out we were coming he came in from helping his dad in the yard and spiked his hair. When his Mom asked him why, he said, "because Grandma and Papa are coming!!!"...ahhhh...he's such a sweetie! Got home, got the truck unloaded and got supper made. Just finished eating when our friends G&D came in for a visit and we played a card game with them. It was D's birthday yesterday so G brought a little cake with him and we had a small Birthday Party. Great fun!!!!

Today we went to church and our pastor did a monologue about Barabbas. He acted out what Barabbas might have been thinking the day of Christ's cruifixion....he does such a marvalous job, you feel like you're actually there!!! I'm going to miss his sermons and monologues so much when he leaves!!!...I keep praying that the Lord will find a way for him to stay.

1 comment:

  1. I loved hearing about the spiked hair ! He must take after his grandparents, you think?
    I missed the service on Sun. as I was in the Turtle room with the 2 yr olds (11 of them!), but I'd heard the Barabbas monologue before & it is great.

    ReplyDelete