Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Casino

Woke up this morning and the snow and freezing rain that had been predicted hadn't happened...yahoo!!!! We went to the local casino because it's their second anniversary and they're offering a plate of 5 delicious things for only $2 at certain times today and Thursday. That's all their ad said so we thought we'd go check it out. We got a plate with popcorn shrimp, halibut fingers, cole slaw, a bun and 2 pieces of cake. It was tasty and we enjoyed it.

When we first got to the casino we were a bit early for the $2 special so decided to play the machines for awhile. I was down then got the bonus and got back up to my original bet plus a bit so decided to cash out. B was playing behind me so I was chatting with him when the attendant came and asked if I'd been playing that machine. Apparently I won the "hot seat" draw. It was a bit different this time, I had to enter a 5 digit # onto a keypad and press enter to see if I won the $250,000. Of course I didn't win, but not to worry because I was was told to pick a box then pick an envelope out of that box. I won $50 so was quite happy about that!! We then proceeded to do a Costco run and all the time we were there I kept thinking of what I could have bought with $250,000.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun day, and $50 bonus is nothing to be sneezed at.

    ReplyDelete