Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Update on Mom

We took Mom to the cancer clinic today. We had a really long wait, so I wasn't impressed, but when we met the doctor he was really nice and gave Mom a really detailed exam and asked lots and lots of questions. I was quite impressed with him. He told us that Mom is termianal and radiation would only make her feel sick at this point. Apparently radiation can be used to shrink the tumor to relieve pain and symptoms but it won't increase her life span. At this time Mom doesn't have any symptoms...she feels great in fact. Mom was upset, she thought she'd have radiation and be "doing something". He said he'd do it if she wanted. I asked if it was him who had the cancer what would he do...he said he'd not take radiation until it was absolutely needed. I asked if we could have some time to think it over and he said, "of course" then told us what to do as things progress and gave me some literature about radiation....apparently chemo isn't an option for Mom.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Sharon!! I'm so sorry that it wasn't better news. We will be praying for her, that God would grant her more time and that he will soften her heart to accept Him. I'm out most of tomorrow but will give you a call when I get back home....hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sharon, I'm sorry to hear it, I really enjoy your mom. She is such a refreshingly honest and confident person. I will be praying for her and you. Tell her I said hello.

    ReplyDelete