Today B and I went out to Abbotsford to say goodbye to a dear lady who had a very deep faith in our Lord. We met N&D down at Beachwood shortly after we started taking Alpha. They sat by our campfire one night and were so happy because D had been cancer free for 5 years and they had just celebrated her birthday. Three or four weeks later we again met at Beachwood. By this time B&I had discovered a wonderful church that was being held in the factory outlet mall and were telling them about it. Sunday morning D knocked on our door and asked how to get to the church.
Our lives intertwined for a couple of years then we got an e-mail saying her cancer had returned. She had chemo and radiation and was in and out of remission. N found it very theraputic to write e-mails about D's progress or lack of it. Always they put their faith in God and trusted him completely, calling Him the Great Healer. During this time we didn't see much of them, but last spring we ran into them at Beachwood again. Had a great time with them and told them what an inspiration their e-mails had been to me when my Dad was dying. Last Tuesday she lost her battle with cancer. We're going to miss her infectious smile and positive attitude.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sorry to hear of your friend's passing. It's nice that you were able to spend that time with her & have the memories to keep her with you in years to come. We're settled into Chris's flat until next week, the 23rd. My ankle has been causing me grief so I've been severely restricted in how long I can move around, but I'm on holiday and enjoying it anyhow. love and hugs to all of you.
ReplyDeleteM.