Yesterday we went to watch two of our grandsons compete in the AWANA Bible Quiz. Our granddaughter hadn't wanted to compete but when one of the coaches told her that one girl couldn't make it and they needed one more girl her age to compete, she reluctantly agreed to compete. She ended up having such a great time that she already told them she's going to compete next year!
The competition is made up of several age groups. Each age group has two sections to compete in. One is a multiple choice and the other is a speed quiz...much like Jeopardy, complete with buzzers. I was so proud of the grand kids, I'm not sure I'd be willing to go up in front of a church full of people like they did! When the points were tallied our granddaughter's team won 3rd place in their division and the older grandson's team won 1st place. The other grandson's team didn't place, but I was still very proud of how he handled himself. Way to go kids!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment