Friday, April 8, 2011

Nature's Remedy...Chicken Soup

There's been so many colds going around and we've both been feeling sluggish and not up to par lately so the other day I took a stewing chicken out of the freezer and made a big pot of chicken broth, then used the meat to make chicken chow mein, then put some meat in the broth along with some veggies and maccaroni...soup and chow mein was supper last night.  Tonight I took the rest of the chicken, some onions and celery and cooked that up in alfredo sauce and served it on noodles...yummy!  The only problem with all this cooking is the MESS IT MAKES!!!  I've washed more pots and pans in the last couple of days!!!  But at least I've got enough so I don't have to do much cooking for a couple more days!

One of the motion sensors on our alarm system has been giving off false signals.  This invariably happens when we're away and our daughter has to come down and check things out.  I finally got around to contacting the alarm company and today the technician came down and replaced all three motion sensors...hopefully they'll work properly now!

It was sure nice to see the sun today.  B even cut the grass yesterday and today for the first time this year.

3 comments:

  1. Trying to post a comment, last one didn't seem to go on here. Abbyjeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I have figured it out! You type your comment, select profile, preview, type in strange looking word and then post comment. Abbyjeanne!! Great to hear from you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I had a nice comment all typed out, then couldn't remember my password !! ratz !!
    As I was saying, we must have been on the same wavelength as I too boiled up a chicken, made both noodle soup and a lg batch of chicken vegetable soup. As it's all gone as of yesterday I'll have to plan something else for next week.
    I'm doing baked beans with Smokies and tomatoes in the crock-pot for potluck lunch at church tomorrow, what are you bringing? How about chicken and dumplings?

    ReplyDelete