Thursday, May 26, 2011

Victoria Day

We were at one of our parks for a few days and on Saturday they had a "tea party" in honour of Queen Victoria, complete with games, tea, goodies, candy and of course a birthday cake.  Afterwards we played bowling on the Wii game...I even won...in real life bowling I usually end up throwing a lot of gutter balls, but not this time...I could get hooked on this Wii!!!!  Our friends R&F were also there and we had such a great time we decided to meet at Silver Reef Casino on Monday for their seniors buffet.

Yesterday morning I went to my last Ladie's bible study for the year then after supper I went back to the church to watch our youngest granddaughter practice for her choir performance then stayed for our "Women 2 Women" ministry.  One of the ladies was showing us how she makes bread, buns and even coffee cake from a yeast dough.  She also had an assortment of jams there that she had made so she told us how she does them....she cooks them in her crock pot, uses no pectin and very little suger...wow...my kind of jam.  When I got home last night I scouted out some fruit from my canning room and set up my little slow cooker and let the stuff brew all night.  Today I made the jam...turned out good...now what else can I make jam from????

No comments:

Post a Comment