Thursday, May 30, 2013

My IPod

About a year and a half ago I celebrated a milestone birthday so to celebrate (and prove I wasn't "over the hill" yet) I bought myself an IPod.  It's been a learning curve....some parts curvier than others...but overall I'm really enjoying it, especially my Bible Apps.  I have one that will actually read the passages to me..as long as I'm hooked into the internet.  It is so neat!!!!  I actually read along with it.
 
120 days ago I decided to read (or have read to me) the Psalms...one each day.  There's 150 Psalms, so I've got 30 to go.  Yesterday's reading went on and on and on...psalm 119 has 76 verses.  It's labelled as "An Acrostic in Praise of the Scriptures".  What the heck is an acrostic????   Out comes the dictionary (I know, tech savvy people would look it up on the internet, but I still tend to do things the way I learned eons ago).  Anyway, an acrostic is a type of puzzle made up of using the first letter of certain words...for example North, East, West and South makes NEWS.  Who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks????

No comments:

Post a Comment