Well, Christmas did come and go and I was mostly ready but had come down with a cold so not really feeling that good. Had the family in Christmas Eve and really enjoyed everyone's company. Quite bittersweet though. This was our 49th Christmas in this house and it'll be the last...we move in Feb or March. Christmas Day I got up had some left over bread pudding and apple rum sauce from dinner last night then went back to bed. When I got up it was time to go to our daughter and son-in-law's for a wonderful ham dinner. Granddaughter C made me a bracelet with her Rainbow Loom that she got for Christmas....and surprise...the colours she chose matched my sweater perfectly. Thank you my love!!!
Boxing Day was very literal...I'd taken the dishes and wine glasses out of the china cabinet and there was NO way I was putting them back so out came several boxes and I managed to box up the majority of the dishes and wine glasses...ready for their new home.
Friday, a couple we know from church came and had lunch with us. We had a lovely visit and I gave her another box of stuff for her preschool. I was doing some more packing and the phone rang and our friends J&H asked us to come for coffee tonight...nice break from packing and we managed to solve a mystery.
Last week we got a Christmas Card in the mail from "Cheryl & SAS" thanking us for making a donation and telling us how wonderful her life is now....okay???...hadn't heard of the organization and didn't remember making a donation to them. There was a newsletter with the card which did nothing to shed any light on the mystery, so I tried phoning them, but they're closed for Christmas week. Phoned three or four of our friends and they couldn't shed any light on it other than it was a Christian organization. I took the card to J&H's and BINGO....I'd sponsored H for a bowling tournament the beginning of the year and forgotten about it...WOW...mystery solved!!!!
Tonight we're off to see our youngest granddaughter perform in a show that's been playing all month. If I don't get a chance to get on the computer in the next couple of days I'm sending everyone greetings for a Very Healthy, Happy New Year!....and special prayers and wishes for our friends E&J whose granddaughter who is very sick and in Children's Hospital.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment