Friday, May 9, 2014

Our New Home

After we got word that the old house had transferred, we handed over the keys to our realtor and we left the driveway with our travel trailer in tow and headed down to Birch Bay to stay for a week and rest...we are so physically and emotionally drained, I think we'll do nothing but sleep for a week!!!

We went and had a delightful lunch and visit with my sister, who had just moved to a condo in Bellingham, did some shopping, worked on puzzles and soaked in the hot tub, visited with 2 couples who were parked close to us.  We've known them for several years but hadn't been in the park at the same time as them for ages, so it was nice to catch up!  Went to the church we usually go to when we're in the area and also had lunch with one of my cousins, her husband and their dog.  Sure didn't feel like going home, (home being the new house) but we had to because they were coming to hook up the phone, TV and internet the next day.

The new house is slowing starting to feel like "home", but still feels weird not going back to the old house!  Been busy unpacking....how many boxes are left to unpack....feels like thousands....there's still lots of them.  I've come to the conclusion that I've moved once in the last 50 years and with any luck at all I'll NOT MOVE AGAIN!!!!!...at least not in the foreseeable future!





No comments:

Post a Comment