I've always been impressed that our son gives blood on a regular basis. I wanted to, but for some reason I never got around to it. When we moved out here I noticed they had mobile clinics so I phoned, found out when the next clinic was, downloaded and printed the form and took it to my Dr. to have it signed...apparently if you are 61 or over and never given blood, you have to have this form. If you're over 71 and never given blood you aren't allowed to (B was celebrating...he didn't want to give blood...doesn't like needles) Today was my appointment and I could hardly wait to get there.
Station 1...check
Station 2...check...my iron levels were good...yea!
Station 3...FAILED!!!...my blood pressure was too high.
She told me to relax for awhile and she re-checked...still too high
She said I could try again at the next clinic....
Got home and checked my blood pressure on my machine...I would have passed...maybe I should bring my own machine next time????....they probably won't allow that though!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment