Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Christmas Eve

I work for a couple of days getting everything prepared for Christmas Eve.  This year I really mixed things up...just so everyone wouldn't be able to say, "Christmas Eve is always the same old, same old!".

Ever since we've been married it's always been our tradition to have a meatless meal on Christmas Eve and Good Friday, although in the past couple of years I've cooked a small ham to satisfy certain family members.  Neither my husband nor I will eat any meat until after midnight.  Usually I'll make fish, or a seafood dish of some sort, but this year I thought I'd go with a Chinese theme, so I made a huge pot of chow mien and added some shrimp to it, steamed some rice, did coconut shrimp and egg rolls along with a bunch of cheeses, pickles, dips etc.

Before dinner I usually read the passage from Luke about Jesus' birth but this year I read the passage from Matthew...just wanted to see who all were paying attention!  I'd hate for our life to get too predictable!

We had a great time and it was really nice to have the family all together.  Merry Christmas Everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment