Monday, January 21, 2019

Finally Getting to Use my Christmas Present

My husband and I don't usually buy Christmas presents for each other...we don't need that much and if we do want or need something we just go buy it, BUT this year he got the idea that I needed an Instant Pot....I didn't think I needed one but to appease him I started to investigate them and determined that IF I was going to get one it had to be the 8 quart, because I like to make a lot of soup and it often entails cooking down a bunch of bones...so...I need the big one!!!

Found one on sale at Canadian Tire, so decided to go out and see it.  That day was sooo windy there were branches coming down all over the place...a couple of times we just missed being hit by a flying branch, but we got there and got the pot.  A guy and his 2 daughters must have thought I knew what I was buying because he said he would buy the same one as we did.  They were getting it for Mommy and the girls were so excited!  Any way, we got home safe but the power was out and stayed out for a couple of days!

I didn't open it till Christmas, then started reading the instructions and looking up recipes.  I am not known for following recipes, so I winged it.  Put a bit of water, a chopped up onion, some pineapple/guava juice, pork cubes and some plum sauce in the pot and set it.  When it was done I thickened the sauce and added some frozen peppers.


Turned out good.  I served it over some steamed rice and some cauliflower and one of the two cherry tomatoes that were left.


I've used it several times now and so glad I didn't say "NO" to it.  Thank you for the Christmas Present!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment