We managed to go up to Cultus Lake with our trailer on Nov. 10. Number 2 daughter, son-in-law and the 4 grandkids came up on the 11th. We had a wonderful time camping with them, even if we did have to wait for the rain to subside a couple of times. Sunday we left and headed down to Beachwood in Birch Bay. We usually go down for the American Thanksgiving and Black Friday shopping, but alas my friend whom I go shopping with is scheduled for surgery on the 25th, so there'll be no Black Friday shopping for us this year....and there's apsolutely NO WAY hubby will go with me!!! Anyway we did manage to find some good deals this week, like a turkey for 37 cents a pound. I also managed to get the Christmas gifts for our 6 grandkids, so I was really happy about that. Lots of wind and rain while we were there, but we were snug in our trailer. All was well, until the weathermen started saying the "s" word....snow???...no way!!! We decided to hook up and come home a day early, didn't want to have a repeat of Nov 2006 when we had 2 feet of snow the Saturday night after Thanksgiving.
Thursday, November 18, 2010
Long Time Since Blogging
It's been such a long time since I've blogged. I've been busy, my knee has been so sore it's hard to walk and I guess, in general I've just been feeling sorry for myself!!! Enough of that!!!
We managed to go up to Cultus Lake with our trailer on Nov. 10. Number 2 daughter, son-in-law and the 4 grandkids came up on the 11th. We had a wonderful time camping with them, even if we did have to wait for the rain to subside a couple of times. Sunday we left and headed down to Beachwood in Birch Bay. We usually go down for the American Thanksgiving and Black Friday shopping, but alas my friend whom I go shopping with is scheduled for surgery on the 25th, so there'll be no Black Friday shopping for us this year....and there's apsolutely NO WAY hubby will go with me!!! Anyway we did manage to find some good deals this week, like a turkey for 37 cents a pound. I also managed to get the Christmas gifts for our 6 grandkids, so I was really happy about that. Lots of wind and rain while we were there, but we were snug in our trailer. All was well, until the weathermen started saying the "s" word....snow???...no way!!! We decided to hook up and come home a day early, didn't want to have a repeat of Nov 2006 when we had 2 feet of snow the Saturday night after Thanksgiving.


We managed to go up to Cultus Lake with our trailer on Nov. 10. Number 2 daughter, son-in-law and the 4 grandkids came up on the 11th. We had a wonderful time camping with them, even if we did have to wait for the rain to subside a couple of times. Sunday we left and headed down to Beachwood in Birch Bay. We usually go down for the American Thanksgiving and Black Friday shopping, but alas my friend whom I go shopping with is scheduled for surgery on the 25th, so there'll be no Black Friday shopping for us this year....and there's apsolutely NO WAY hubby will go with me!!! Anyway we did manage to find some good deals this week, like a turkey for 37 cents a pound. I also managed to get the Christmas gifts for our 6 grandkids, so I was really happy about that. Lots of wind and rain while we were there, but we were snug in our trailer. All was well, until the weathermen started saying the "s" word....snow???...no way!!! We decided to hook up and come home a day early, didn't want to have a repeat of Nov 2006 when we had 2 feet of snow the Saturday night after Thanksgiving.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment