We had a wonderful Christmas! The new house is lovely for entertaining! We had 16 people from our senior's group at church come for a pot-luck luncheon and by putting a portable table at the end of the dining room table, had enough room for everyone to sit down and eat. We put all the food on the kitchen island and it worked out perfectly. We basically did the same thing Christmas Eve when the family were here for dinner.
The new house is feeling more and more like "home" now. We're attending a church and joined a secular "Food & Friends" senior's group...we meet twice a month at a local restaurant and have lunch and sometimes there's a speaker or some "quizzes" to do...it's fun and we've met new people, which is good because I've been feeling rather "disconnected" since we moved out here.
There's 3 things I've always wanted to do but never got around to doing them.
1. Twelve years ago with took the ALPHA course and started attending church. I always wanted to take that course again because I was in a totally different mindset 12 years ago. Our new church announced they were going to run ALPHA, so last night we had our first session.
2. I always wanted to go to Robbie Burns night. Next week a local restaurant is having a "Robbie Burns Night", so we made reservations!
3. I always wanted to give blood. Sunday we went past the community center and saw the sign saying they had a clinic the day before. I phoned, then looked it up online and there'll be another clinic mid March. Because of my age I have to get the Dr.'s permission, so I'll probably be giving blood!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment