Christmas Eve was on a Sunday this year so we went to church then came home and got stuff ready to have our family in for dinner. We always have a meatless meal on Christmas Eve. This started many years ago when hubby was attending a Catholic church. At that time in the Catholic faith meat was not eaten on Christmas Eve, or Fridays. They changed those "rules" shortly after we got married and hubby said, "I'm so used to not eating meat on those days. I don't mind if we eat meat on Fridays but could we please keep Christmas Eve and Good Friday meatless?" Sounded good to me and he said "please", so why not??? We have egg, fish or seafood instead. In the last few years I have also cooked a ham (mostly for my son-in-law) but we won't have a piece of ham until after midnight!!!
This year there were only 10 of us for dinner because our son and his family were enjoying a white Christmas at his in-laws, but they were with us in spirit and we all fit around the one table!
Notice the "heavenly host of angels" hung under the dining room light. I made them many years ago and every year they hang under the light at Christmas! All these little traditions is what makes the Christmas season extra special as we celebrate the birth of Jesus!
N
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment