Tuesday, July 23, 2013

I Knew we Shouldn't Go!!

In the past few months we've been toying with the idea to move into a rancher in a gated community.  We looked at a couple but they weren't satisfactory mostly because of the fact that we have a truck and trailer and there was no place to park the truck.  Not only that that there weren't very many ranchers in gated communities built...it's much more advantageous to build a two or three story...you can get a lot more units on the same amount of land.  A couple days ago the realtor sent me 5 or 6 listings of ranchers with RV parking but not in a gated community.  Most of them were 30 to 40 years old and I'd rather stay in my 40some year old house where I know all the little problems and quirks.

BUT....there was one that was 11 years old, it was a two story with an in-ground basement.  Everything you needed was on the main floor and there was an elevator if you wanted to avoid the stairs to go to the games room in the basement.  It even had a couple of craft rooms and a canning room for all the jams, jellies, fruit and beans I can...so that was right up my alley.  Today we went to see it.  It was immaculate and there was only a couple of things that my "dream home" would have that this didn't!!!  Now we have to decide if we can clean 48 years of junk out of here and do some repairs to get this place on the market...AND I'D RATHER BE CAMPING!!!!  I knew we shouldn't have gone!!

No comments:

Post a Comment