Saturday, August 10, 2013

Getting my Grandkid Fix

Today our daughter and 3 of the grandkids came for a visit and to help me pack and de-junk.  They went out and picked some blackberries then came in and helped me clean out the big desk.  We had stuff flying all over the place...recycling, give-away pile, pile that Grandma has to check out, shredding pile and even a pile for the things they thought they'd like to keep themselves. 

They pitched in and helped make lunch and even washed the dishes for me, then I asked R if she could get on her hands and knees and reach into the corner of the cupboard and pull out the pots and whatever else was stuck back there...she's sure a lot more bendable and agile than I am and she found all sorts of things to which I remarked, "oh, is that where that got to...thought I had one of those!"

I had a set of Grand Diplome Cooking School books.  Asked R if she'd like them.  Told her the recipes didn't look that easy but she said they looked so neat and she REALLY likes to cook and wants to read them....she even thought it was neat when she saw the page where they show how to de-bone a chicken even though she didn't think she'd ever de-bone a chicken!!  You never know!

We were saying we cleaned out the attic the other day and W said he'd never ever seen our attic.  Papa heard that and went and got the ladder so they all had a chance to go up and see the attic.  I even took a picture and emailed it to them so they could show their brother who wasn't here today!!

C was also happy that she had "treasures" to take home.  As they were leaving my daughter said she wasn't sure if they helped or made more of a mess because now there was stuff all over the desk and surrounding area and the kitchen and dining room had all sorts of stuff piled up everywhere.  After supper it didn't take me long to tidy up and shred a bunch of the papers we'd found....so things are looking better!  Thanks Gang!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment