We saw several didgeridoos while shopping in Australia, but most of them were over a meter (3 feet) long, then we found this one which is about 63 cm (25 inches). It was also a lot less expensive and fit in our suitcase, so even though the longer ones are supposed to have better sound we decided to go with this one. To be truthful, I'm not sure what kind of sound will ever come out of it anyway...and furthermore, we bought it for more of a souvenir than a musical instrument...and after all, it IS hand painted hardwood!!!!
Several years ago when we were in Dakar, Senegal we went on a tour to this market and when we went inside this hut the fellow watched our eyes and when he saw me look at this guitar thing, he picked it up, kept pushing it into my hands and started bartering with me....only $40. I kept telling him I didn't want it so he kept lowering the price. Finally I felt sorry for him and broke down and paid a whole $5 for it! Hubby told me I'd never get it home without it getting broken...took some creative packing...but I DID get it home completely intact and totally enjoy showing it off and telling the story of how I acquired it!
No comments:
Post a Comment